Wednesday, July 26, 2006

7th Month

Yesterday was the first day of lunar 7th month, which is the Hungry Ghost Festival. I had a mission that day and that's to burn offerings under my HDB block. I hurried home in the evening and along the way was surprised to see so many people buring their offerings. I was kinda surprised because I thought people are getting less supersitious. Anyway, my dad bought 3 packs of offering sets consisting of hell notes of different value, gold/silver bars, paper clothes and hats, sweet biscuits, tea leaves, 2 candles, joss-sticks and matches. I made my brother to go with me. The procedure is actually to plant the two candles on the ground a few cm apart. Light the candles and place the biscuits and tea leaves on the ground as offerings. Light the joss-sticks and pray to the brothers to invite them to come and take the offerings and also to tell them to not harm our family. The stick three joss-sticks a time on the ground. We had a hard time because the ground is so hard and there's so many big fat black ants.. Yucksss..... after that we have to burn the hell notes into the bin provided. Each HDB block is assigned a bin for such purposes. Took us some times because have to burn the papers pieces by pieces to ensure that the brothers will get them properly because if you burn stack by stack, it is said that the money will not be burn and received properly. Anyway, took us a long time to complete.

I have been reading a novel called 'The Traveller' by John Twelve Hawks. Took me a long while since I only read this while travelling. The book cover introduced this as a new Da Vinci Code, but I dun find this book very Da Vinci style. Will enclosed a book review after I've finished this novel. It's quite interesting actually, about a group of people call Travellers who can travel to different realms. I rent this book from a rental bookstore as I like to do so.. I think I will be returning this book because it's not quite worthy to keep. I like to keep books I like very much. Will share all my collections slowly over time...

Watch some more episodes of One Piece last night. I had a laugh over Zoro for being stuck in the chimney upside turn and at Chopper for announcing his embarrassed moment. It was so comical.

I received a call from my ex-colleague, Nelly. She told me she got a job. As I expect. Before this she was saying that she wanted to start her online business selling clothes. Anyway, she invited me for lunch since she's working at Bugis. I told her I have an appointment as I'm meeting my friend for lunch.

I was discussing about mobile phones with my friend, TJ over lunch and we both actually wanted to buy the same phone: Sony E w810i. We went to the counter at carrefour where the counter is selling without contract and allow trade-in. I've checked on the value of my mobile phone - S$70. I've take a look at the phone and actually find it very uncle-ly... Mmm.. not sure also.. the counter say there's 4 more phones left and it's while stock last.. I will gather my phone accessories tomorrow and see fate.. haaa.. well.. if it's yours, it's yours.. dude..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home