Monday, July 31, 2006

Karma?

Do you believe in karma? I was watching this movie last night called 'Da Zhi Lao' starring Andy Lau.



I am confused by the ending of the movie, the content is basically about the karma theory whereby a being's life and death is dependent on it's actions in the previous life. There's the rule of 'yin' and 'guo'. Because you did this in your previous life, therefore, you must pay for it in the next life. So it's not a sin to eat chicken, because the chicken's fate is to be eaten because of what it did in the previous life.

I remember when my mum was in the hospital with terminal cancer, she dreamt of many many hands reaching out to her from the floor, totally freaking her out. We had consulted the Teacher about this and were told that all this was fated, it's all because of her sins in her previous life. I was thinking it's not fair, because that's her previous life. Buddhism believe in this theory. So we engaged in chants, release birds, printing mantra using Mum's money hoping that she will be spared from the nightmare. I'm guess this works some how one way or the other even though she did passed away in the end, but she hardly suffered (suffering is unavoided when it comes to terminal cancer), which was good and she did passed away peacefully with everyone around her. I was a pretty bad shape then. I was thinking, maybe we didn't do enough? But I really dunno more could have been done. Everyone said this was all fated and can't be help.

I wonder what my karma will be, but I'm interested and yet afraid to know. Because knowing give great pressure. We consulted a pretty good fortune teller when my mum was in the hospital. He used the 'Zi Wei Tou Shu' to predict me, my sis and my dad's fortune. We all have the same predictions that mum will not make it. It was really pressurising then. I had my fortune told for the next 10 years told, and it's really hard to believe although I hope some of it will be true. But the part regarding my mum was really true. I think it's very eerie to think about it. Would you wanna know what lies ahead of you? And what if you know. Would you move towards that direction or away. Can fate really be re-shaped?

Anyway, regarding my weekend, I had weird dream on Saturday morning. I thought I heard my mum talking very loudly over the phone with my aunt as she usually do. The conversation was fluent, but I dun quite remember the content. Something about the government, I dunno. Anyway, on Saturday night, I had another dream, this time, I dream my whole family was on a China trip. This includes my mum of course. In the dream, my mum and sis were are the hotel, I me and dad was mysteriously moving away from the hotel exploring. And I only have Singapore notes of 50s in my wallet. I meant to have them changed to Ren Ming Bi because I don't want to be cheated in China. We made the effort to head back to the hotel, and after that was a blur.. coz I dun remember.

Anyway, I had a facial treatment with my sister at Hougang. I seldom went for facial because I think it's expensive and boring. Just lying there doing nothing makes me feel bored. Anyway, as usual the lady was removing all my black heads and my sister urge her to remember my small black tumour growing on the left side of my throat. It had been there for years. I was wary of the skill because this was afterall, just a small facial salon. Can they really 'operate' to remove that? But my sister was persisent and the lady was confident. Anyway, it wasn't very painful, just the feel of being cut and there's lot of blood on the cotton. It cost about $50 i think to remove that thing. I was still worry. When I reached home and went to bathe I got a shock when a stream of blood flow down my body.. the wound was not closed yet.. I think it's because the wound was so near my vein and there's not way to stop my throat from moving. Well it just kept flowing and I had to hold it with tissue. My sis stick a plaster over it. It was still flowing on Sunday morning but stopped by afternoon.

On Sunday, I bought a pair of Elle Active red sandals slippers. Like it. My sister also got a pair.. it think it's sexy looking and looks so pretty compared to the normal sandals which look so manly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home