Tuesday, November 14, 2006

My career...

Actually, the frightening thing that I was talking about just now is to talk with my boss on my career path in the company. The truth is, I'm currently consider a vendor because I'm working thru' a HR agency for this company. Recently, the new Executive had left the company and this position is once again vacant. I had to used up all of my courage to ask my boss whether I qualify. It's was frightening because, what if the answer is a flat NO?? Anyway, the answer I heard is not as scary as I thought. It was what I expected anyway.. just like any other places, the boss is looking for someone with years of experience, thus it's not a job for me.. after all, the last Executive has 6 solid years of experience... but boss was very kind.. she had a very long conversation with me about what I'm interested. I said I if there's a chance, I really hope to progress in this company even after I've graduated. There is like some light for me, because it's like a promised career path for me to progress provided I put in the effort that is. Well, I'm really glad I had this conversation with her. Anyway, the current contract is ending in November. Boss promised in increment, some benefits and leaves.. that's really quite good consider that I'm like a temp staff here... Anyway, instead of 6 mths, this new contract will be stretch to 12 mths but one drawback, I need 2 mths tender notification.. that's really very long leh.. I'm also not sure why there's such a need, my position is not like very super duper important.. but I dun feel the need to argue about it.. coz look like I'm staying here for good.. actually another thing I like working here is that I have the luxury of waking up at 7.45am.. I tell you, no local jobs will have such a luxury.. no way man.. coz usually people start at 8am or 8.30am.. 9am have lah but hey, my train journey is only 15 mins.. and then there's the shuttle bus to the office from the station.. Sounds like a life of a lazy bum rite?? Haaa..

This week like mad siah.. coz I have lessons on Monday, Wed and Fri. Today is Tuesday, so later will have kickboxing at 8.30pm.. then On thursday there's friends' gathering.. I think Sunday will have a project discussion again.

Talking about project discussion, we had one last Sunday.. I picked the place because I love the place and it had been my project discussions hangout for previous projects.. This is for the Advertising and Promotion Project. Suppose to do a proposal to re-launch a certain chain of 24 hours convenience stores against the competitors. We spent a bit more than 2 hours doing up the situation analysis.. the lecture emphasised on tis 'Situational Anaylsis'.. so that's what we did for the day.. discussing what the stores sell and what services they provide which the competitors don't have...haa..

Then, yesterday at lecture.. I met the two previous project team mate... we split class because of the different courses that we choose. We were talking then.. wahhh.. exposed... they had also been having their project discussions in the same venue.. so cute.. maybe soon the whole cafe will be our people doing project discussions.. I tell them they will not take my favourite seats because I'm never late de.. Haaa.. Yeah one more thing.. one of them commented that I'm like slim down.. wahhh.. so happy.. but really meh?? my weight like never go down leh.. how can slim down le and still have the same weight de?? something's wrong.. If it's the truth, it can only be because of my kickboxing classes and my work where I need to put in plenty of physical efforts.. and also lesser meals after 8pm since I'm not at home most of the week at this time..

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's cool, sounds like a nice company to work in :)

11:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home