Thursday, August 03, 2006

Tastebuds, dreams and a new novel

I had 3-in-1 instant cereal for breakfast. I took from the pantry. But frankly speaking, I prefer Quaker Oats instant cereal, chocolate flavour.. maybe because of the oats and the chocolate.. but the funny thing is that I don't actually like oats very much. Our tastebuds are really funny. Say for example, I have a friend who hates pineapples but love pineapple tarts... and the way preference of everybody is so different, it's really amazing. My brother for example like rice without anything on top... he can eat it dry and plain with fried cutlet.. Recently a group of us are planning a bbq gathering at East Coast Park (National Day, August 09, 2006. Coz it's a public holiday!!!). The favourite and the most difficult topics of all to talk about is food. It's really a challenge to prepare the stuffs... of all the food list, there has to be one person who dislike the food. People can dislike simple things like apples. You know, an apple a day keeps a doctor away? And some people will reject meat completely.. meatless bbq can be a bit stressful.. because Singaporean's style bbq consists of mainly chicken wings, hotdogs and all meaty stuff.. it's hard to make us bbq vegetables.. I saw the westerns recipes and that tough ingredients and cooking method.. they can bbq really anything, but it's a tough job to me... because we are using charcoal and cooking under uncontrolled temperature and strong wind condition and sometimes lightless too... and the place is like so far away from home.. it's tough to prepare like a feast. I can't complain much because ever after my 'turn-vegetarian-for-2-months' period... I kinda eat less meat if I could help it... I still eat, but not as much as previous.. partly also for health reason... and I hate fishballs and related food..but goodness.. I also hate most green vege.. there's only a few greens I will eat willingly.. Kang Kong, Cabbage, Lady Finger, Eggplant... I dislike greens that taste bitter.. some vegetables really do.. like Cai Xin etc... yucks.. Weird har...

Anyway, I had stop having dreams about mum.. maybe she's really gotten irritated that I dun understand what she's trying to say?? heee.. can happen to me... anyway, i dream 2 weird dreams from last night, but I forget about the content now.. It was quite vivid when I woke up.. and I was really confused.. I think it's something that I would never do in real life.. what a pity.. really can't remember... There's only some dreams in my life which I can remember up till today.. I remember dreaming twice about war in Singapore.. it's really funny because imagine escaping from my flat's window successfully.. goodness.. I live on seventeenth floor.. it was really weird like watching my own movie.. once I dreamt that I can float around.. it was really nice.. because I can actually enjoyed the thrill and excitement even while dreaming... In some dreams, I can even make comments which I will surely make if it really happen in real life... It's a bit like I'm actully thinking in my dreams??? About falling dreams... it happen a lot for me.. I read somewhere that falling.. always got a shock...I guess that's what bungee jumps are like?? .. but I can always carry on sleeping...

I had lessons last evening.. the lecturer was really funny talking about his horrible experience at the dentist.. I think he's really an entertainer... He's in the wrong line???

I've rented or rather bought a novel from rental bookstore... Bought the lastest Dark Series book called, 'Dark Demon' by Christine Feehan.



I've been following this series for a long time.. It's a romance series and yeah.. contains plenty of sex scenes.. but it's a romantic setting.. anyway. I was explaining this series to my classmate last night.. The series are really about a specie called Carpathian.. they are creatures who look like human but with supernatural powers.. that can turn into animals, fly and have strong psychic powers.. and all the men and women are beautiful.. as according to all the stories in this series.. anyway, these creatures are weak in day time and they are extremely powerful at night.. they sleep in the day by burying themselves under the earth and shutting down their body system.. like a dead... but these are the good guys and they live in peace among humans.. but sadly these creatures are in danger of becoming extinct especially after a war which took place many years ago.. and another main reason is that that ratio of girl to boy population is way apart: there's not many females born among the race.. and because the Carpathians can live for a long time, the male need to find their lifemate fast because they started to lose their sights of colours and emotions after hundreds of years.. and if they are not strong enough mentally, they can become vampires... One of the mission of all Carpathian male is to protect the world against vampires and they are always out to hunt them.. anyway... lifemate for them are as they call it two halves of a whole.. so there's only one lifemate for each male... so if they miss each other, than that's it... the male will either have to kill himself or become a vampire.. anyway, the romance series started when the race realised that their lifemates can be found among human.. females with psychic powers can be safely converted into a Carpathian... so start the many romance stories between Carpathian and human...Actually I personally feel that there's no need for them to worry about that extinction.. they can live like forever, so why bother? The record of their age is like 1000 or more... can you imagine?? If there's really such a race in the world.. they will be like living God... Anyway, the settings are quite nice and romantic.. except I need to rest in between novels because the plots are basically the same for all the books except for the characters and locations... but it's nice to read once in a while though...
Anyway, if you are interested, the official websites with reviews and summaries can be found here: http://www.christinefeehan.com/.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home