Saturday, August 05, 2006

7th Month: Can't find them

My sister and I had decided to visit Guang Ming Shan (Bright Hill Crematorium) to pray and make offerings to Mum since I dreamt about her like last week. Anyway, the dreams kinda stop after we had made the decision. I woke up and headed for NTUC to but fruits. I bought chinese pear, China peach and guava. I bought two sets because I thought it's appropriate to pay our respect to our father's side grandparents as well. Anywa, I also bought some paperplates which I thought will make our offerings more presentable. I bought a can of pokka chinese tea and 3 tea cups... well for visual satisfaction. Then i headed to buy two packet of vegetarian bee hoon... it was a killer... coz the uncle charged me $5 for the two packets.. i hate vegetarian food partly because of their killer price... they cost the same or more than normal dishes... anyway, i met my sis who drove to fetch me at the bus-stop.. well, we were actually quite new at this and my dad didn't want to come along. Anyway, the place to pay respect was different from where it was during Qing Ming Festival.. they shifted that to the other side of the building.. took us a while to find that out... we bought paper money, clothes packages, joss-stick and candles... I find it weird that the auntie sell one candle in a set of joss-stick and candle... who pray using one candle leh?? her reason was that the place don't encourage people to burn candle... i think it's just her tricks to make people more two packets instead of one duhh... we set up two table... which i feel is this case although my sister didn't feel it to be like that.. but i feel it's weird to make mum share with grandparents.. she may find it uneasy.. anyway, we lighted the candles and joss-sticks and were suppose to visit their resting place to invite them out.. we always find mum without failure.. I'm guilty of not remember her 'house number' but I remember her position... but strange that we couldn't find grandparents.. i called dad many times to check on the number but we really cannot locate it.. i feel they are not willing to allow us to find them... it's just this weird... I feel it's because dad was not around.. they seemed to only recognise dad... this was the case before... there was this part of the cemerony during the offering where we have to asked the ancestors whether that had finished the offered food... we have to throw either two coins or two moon shaped thing (don't know what's it called) to check.. if the coin is one head and one tail, that means the meal is done and we can keep the things... usually only dad is able to make them 'finish' the meal... anyway, the invitation of grandparents is not very successful because first of all, we can't locate them, and secondly, we couldn't seemed to light the candles... crap.. something is wrong.. so we just pack and leave after mum 'finished' her meal...

We had brunch (breakfast and lunch) at Upper Thomson and i chose a dim sum shop.. ordered prawn dumpling, siew mai, etc... cost $14 and not very nice...

We picked up my 'Wu Yi' - 5th aunt. My sis was very close to her and because she's moving back, she needed Wu Yi to take a look at how to organise the place.. There was the problem of having lack of storage because my sis has a big dressing table and a big tv as well as one shelf and a drawer closet to move into my room... there's really no place to squeeze.. it's all very headache until dad, I think couldn't stand our female debate over this matter and said we should convert the balcony into a bedroom... that sort of solve all the problems.. coz at least there's storage.. it was decided to put up curtains for pirvacy if necessary and there's a tiny arugment over curtains as well... haa.. it's really hard.. we decided to visit Ikea to walk around but dad refused to go even though he was talking about this curtain design which we don't really understand... that's a bit errrr... Mmm... but he's like that loh.. anyway, Ikea was very packed because of the sale going on... This was my first time there since the place was not convenient to me at all... we take a look at the cupboards and bed especially... we were hungry and bought ikea hotdogs for snack.. the dogs were nice but I find the curry puff a bit too oily... and I dun like the attandance's attitude.. he didn't quite hear my order the first time and did not look very pleased when I mentioned my right order and her wanted to charge me $3.50 for the items which cost $3.00... The set meal came with hotdog bun, a curry puff and softdrink for $2.20, but I wanted orange juice instead...we had the soft drink cups and we noticed that there's no 'freeflow' sign anyway.. there's one on the tea/coffee machines though... but i just help myself with the refill.. nobody say anything any way.. hee.. we shop around further and I bought 3 cd box which I hope will make my old cd collections neater... it looked like an earthquake in my cupboard at the moment..

I'm pretty tired at this moment.. and although I wanted to watch the 3rd episode of Blood now, my eyes are really heavy.. I think i will end my day after this.. cheers!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home