Monday, August 07, 2006

Oops!!! + 2 movies...

I forgot all about the class tonight. I've actually removed the notes from my bag last night. Now I have no notes to bring along. I actually thought I had a free evening. It just suddenly popped in my head this morning.. SHIT!!! There's class tonight!!! Anyway.. can't cry over spilled milk...

It took me a long while to do up the Sungei's blog.. first time doing things like that.. like taking up a lot of time...

I'm so tired and sianz today.. feel like sleeping already.. I had a China peach for breakfast and another before lunch.. thought I can skip lunch, but too hungry to do so.. The China peaches were from the 7th mth offerings on Saturday.. now my home has plenty of fruits.. Yesterday, my dad said we must set up a table to give offerings to 'good brothers' (the wandering spirits)... He claimed that Mum used to do it every year.. Mmm.. maybe there's such a thing... last time I dun really questioned Mum and she didn't actually explain her actions... But I think it's something like this.. we just displayed the goodies, lighted two candles and placed joss-sticks around the table... Mmm... well we did just that, hopefully it's correct.

Actually I was totally confused over all the religion things... By right, my mum had converted into Buddhist before she passed away and me and sis followed on the same day.. By all rights, Buddhists don't practise burning of hell notes and stuffs like these.. coz we all believe that our spirit will proceed 'up there'.. Burning of money is actually a Taosim act and it's for the spirits 'down there'. You know, wanna tell you that we actually had a very unpleasant time during Mum's funerals.. because all the relatives especially Mum's side of the family, practised Taosim.. even Mum when she's still alive... so even though the conversion into Buddhism, we faced a lot of unhappiness among the uncles and aunties when we didn't wanna burn anything.. we were under so much pressure and these idiots are giving us more... we decided to follow their wishes in the end.. I'm totally confused about what's right and what's wrong.. I mean, Mum's already gone to a better place.. I've actually heard comments that the aunties are very worried that Mum will suffer because we kids don't know what to do... Yeah, I really dunno what to do... all the ceremonies and stuffs... I'm still confused... and I'm always asking myself whether what we are doing are correct... And the best part was what, after that funeral last year, I didn't even smell the presence of this noisy relatives....not even once...and I'm ever so glad...Some nights ago, I saw on the television that Bright Hill actually discourage people to burn paper money because it's not part of the Buddhism practise and it also pullute the air and environment.. I fully agree with this... but now is 7th month and I'm still burning paper money.. I've cut down a lot of burning actually.. usually by right, 1st and 15th of every month should burn something.. I stopped all that because I dun have time for that... I want to keep things as simple as possible.. really...



I watched this chinese movie 《爱。。。断了线》. I dunno the english title of this but in direct translation, it means, 'Love.. the broken line'... anyway.. the setting was in China where this guy was playing with a backdated version of MSN.. using a radio to locate other parties for a chat.. I didn't know such a thing existed.. There's no such craze in Singapore... Anyway, this guy hooked up a girl and after a few ridiculous conversations, the guy realised that he was talking to a girl back in 1981. That about 20 years ago. The guy was telling her a lot of future news and the girl was really excited as all the 'predictions' become real. However things get a bit way out when the girl realised that this guy was the son of the man she loved now. Unfortunately, the mother was her best friend. The girl was so depressed for a very long time. Being a timid girl, she silently watched as her boyfriend and her best friend got close. She didn't stop this relationship from blossoming instead, she decided to step out since she felt that the future has been fixed. She confessed to the boy about her decision. One day, the boy was searching among his parents' stuff and accidentally found out the identity of the girl. (She being the closed friend of his mother). He was very guilty because he felt that the girl's decision was largely his fault for disclosing his identity. The ending of the movie was irritating because it showed the boy tracking down the girl (who is now the same age as his mother) but didn't approached her. Instead, he threw away the radio... that's really confusing.. because I wanna know what happened to the girl after that.. the movie should at least say something rite?



I preferred the other movie in Korea, 'Siworae(2000)' or 'II Mare 2000', about a love that blossomed because of a mailbox.. I dun remember the name of the movie, but it's about the mysterious mailbox which can teleport mails between two timelines. The timeline happens to be 2 years apart. A guy staying at the house two years ago was able to communicate with the girl living in that house two years later. They actually tried to meet each other and finally succeeded in the end.. That was really romantic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home