Monday, August 07, 2006

Sungei Buloh Wetland Reserve

We went to Sungei Buloh yesterday.

We went in the afternoon, which I think was a bad time because it was low tide and there's not many birds around.

It was very windy here, nice and cooling. On the way back, we actually spotted lots of fishes jumping out of the water. Somthing must had frightened them. Some quite big judging from the amount of fishes jumping out..

Some of the pictures I've taken along the way. Didn't take much because there's nothing to see, honestly. Or I'm a bad nature spotter..



We spotted this big lizard along the way. It's very brave standing there with humans walking around... The rest of the lizards just ran away as fast as their fat legs can carry them.



This cute turtle just thought I have something for it's stomach.. It just swam nearer and nearer.



More scenaries:



This is a weird scene because the fallen tree was chopped very neatly as though by a saw or sword, and it's lying like a tree skeleton on the ground. Was it cut by someone or what?



This is the nest of the crab, which I'm not aware of the name. Maybe someone can enlight me? There's plenty of such holes all over the swamp, so the crab family must be very big.



I like this view, like an ancient abandoned house in the movies.










This is the prawn pond, but I don't see any prawns..


Here's a neat pictures of bamboo plants. Somebody actually engraved their names on the bamboo stem.. of course it's quite unsightly, so I didn't take a photo:



The back view of my dad, aunt and sis..heee...



I have great likings for path, so see all my photos of path. I think it's amazing because it sort of indicate that there's always a path in life, however, you can't really see what's in front because the future is so distant.






This is the photo of the scenary I've taken on the way home... it's a bit like travelling in the countryside.



In fact along this road is the lane that leads into the Sua Ding Chu (Country House) of my grandmother.. my aunt grew up there.. I remembered that place...I was like 4 years old.. I remember durain trees and rambutan trees.. it's really very countryside.. unfortunately, the government claimed the land for military usage.. so this whole place belongs to the military... so sad... We can't actually spot the lane.. it's like vanished totally...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home