Thursday, August 31, 2006

Wheat and dairy free diet

I was busy past few days... coz closing.. then lots of things to do...

I have less than 2 weeks of study period.

I learnt something new today. I was at Times Bookstore again and I read in one of those body toning books that wheat and milk cause bloating in the stomach... I had wheat bread and cheese for lunch deh... The book suggest that if you went on 2 weeks without wheat and dairy products, you can feel a big difference... mmm.. I must try it... My tummy is kinda bloated, not sure whether it's related... that means no milo and bread also... should stick to soya bean for protein and rice for carbo.... I did a research on the web and found this website: http://www.wheatanddairyfree.com/wheatdairyfreeintolerances.htm

This is really amazing.. after all those talks about how important wheat and milk are to our body... I will start the wheat and dairy free diet from now onwards onwards... Hopefully my tummy will flatened a bit...

I've just did an analysis of wheat products..
(source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_noodles)
Crap... a lot of food has to be ban.. Listing here:
1) Biscuit including Oat biscuits because Oat is also as bad as wheat
2) Yellow noodle
3) Mee Pok and Mee Kiah
4) Ramen-actually I didn't know it.. no wonder my tummy is bloated.. I love ramen..
5) Udon
6) bread (I eat all the time, duh...)

Dairy products to ban
1) Milk
2) Cheese
3) Butter
4) Milo
5) Teh terik
6) Pizza
7) Basically anything with dairy stuff in or on it...

Acceptable noodles:
1) Bee Hoon-made of rice flour (rice is acceptable according to the article)
2) Laksa Bee Hoon-made of rice flour
3) kway teow and hor fan-made of rice flour
4) Dong Fen-Mung bean starch noodles (I'm not sure about Mung beans)
5) Mian Xian-(Not sure)

Sianz~

All those talks about body toning and engaging personal trainers.. I think only the rich can do it... I'm a seasonal exerciser - if there's such a word.. There's no choice for me, because my exercising routine will either be restrained by work, school or financial crisis... or sometimes even mood swing.. hee.. I don't think I will ever be thin you know unless I kana critical illness or miracle happens.. or I become rich enough to engage a personal trainer....

You know, I may have stepped on the tail of one of the manager, if this is the correct phase... because I forgot to do something she asked... and she look pissed in her usual lazy way.. one thing abt her.. she always have the 'lazy' impression.. if you know Kit Chan, the Singaporean Singer, yup.. that kind of 'lazy' impression.. if you know what I mean.. She's only 3 years older than me (my sis's age) and she's already the manager of SEA.. incredible... there's only 3 possibilities, either she's a scholar (distinctions in all her qualification) or she has good connection... or she's just plain lucky.. She became the manager here when the two company merged.. you know then the usual office culture difference etc... some of the original staff here a bit buay tahan her.. coz she's slow in approving her things.. because she's the manager so she has to approve everything and she's not very immediate abt that... then here, the way it works, if you miss the submission period, the invoice can only be processed next week.. so it's sometimes very frustrating... especially if you have people chasing very closely behind you for payment.. can really die, coz the payment procedure is out of your control... .. anyway back to the main point... I was suppose to chase for some spreadsheet from many people but somehow, I sort of delay it, when I finally did it and went to ask her questions abt it, she looked kinda pissed.. actually I also dunno why the urgency to chase.....I was suppose to consolidate all the spreadsheet in the end, and still missing the August batch which will only come in Sep. So the report will not be complete rite? So wat's the hurry leh??? Whatever... bosses are always rite... right?? then she was asking about the namecards which she passed to me to tabulate.. in June... hee.. I was doing this very very slowly because it's boring and of low priority among all the other things.. anyway, this is her personal things.. and she was talking about why so long.. I was at the tip of saying that I'm not your secretary because that's what I was told by the other (more organised and approachable) manager that I should not be doing secretary works... but I think better of it.. dun wanna start a war... I still have to stay until November you know... I think I will switch to other kind of jobs after this... there's like no potential of converting into a perm and the chance of escalation looks very slim to me...

Yeah, about the novel, The Magician's Guild. I did something crazy and on impulse.. I went and bought all 3 books (the whole set) from Sans Bookstore.. it's cheaper than buying from a normal bookstore.. At this moment I was reading towards to end of Book 2. The girl Sonea finally agree to be 'educated' in magic in the Guild. Then there's this High Lord (Head of the School) who Sonea discovered by accident was learning black magic (consider evil magic here).. The High Lord knew she knew and made her his personal novice to keep her mouth shut and also to keep everyone who knew abt the secret from exposing the truth.. Really reminded me so much of Ragnarok.. they even use magic spell like stunstrike, forcestrike and heatstrike.. well the names are different but the idea is there, using different elements for magic... unlike harry potter, the author of this trilogy does not give the name of the spell used...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home